Thank you for your interest in Concurrent Design, Inc. Our company provides mechanical engineering design, drafting and build services to client companies, filling their engineering needs on a contractual basis with both in-house and on-site support.
We have occasional need to supplement our staff and are always welcome to receiving your resume.
Please e-mail your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we receive your resume, we will review your submittal and compare it with any immediate personnel needs. We will maintain this information on file and will be reviewing it on a periodic basis, matching your personal skills with the skills required by our customers. If there is a good match, someone from our office will contact you.
Senior Business Development Executive (Full Time)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Identify market trends within our selected industry sectors (target markets) of electronics, semiconductor, nanotechnology, solar energy, clean-tech and medical technology, through industry and related publications, announcements and events.
- Develop and continually update industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations, conferences and tradeshows.
- Maintain existing relationships with current clients, including tracking their progress, news and accomplishments.
- Identify opportunities and leverage existing relationships with current clients to expand business relations within the existing client base.
- Research new prospective accounts in our target markets. Locate, pursue and develop potential business opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and engineering teams to pursue business goals and to ensure that all requirements are satisfied.
- Leverage a strong understanding of our skills, capabilities and portfolio to present our qualifications to clients/prospects.
- Screen and assess incoming potential business inquiries by analyzing project and client potential, project technical and financial viability (ROI), prospect funding status, while considering internal priorities of technical and scheduling alignment, profitability and risk exposure.
- Work collaboratively with engineering to develop and deliver formal (and informal) proposals to these business opportunities.
- Develop, review and apply negotiating strategies appropriate to each proposal.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements between client/prospect and engineering; developing and negotiating contracts.
- Protect client’s and organization's Proprietary Information.
- Enhance organization reputation by promoting, educating, and delivering world class results, all while operating with impeccable integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Ten years proven track record in technical business development and sales is required. Twenty years of experience in the electronics, semiconductor or solar industries is preferred, along with direct engagement with mechanical, controls, electrical and software engineering disciplines.
- Travel within the continental United States is required.
- Consummate professional with strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Superior written communication skills and proficiency in business software; CRM, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Client relationship and account management skills.
- A focus on working within established internal processes, while seeking continuous process improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills with a goal setting mindset to meet and exceed company/sales goals.
- Self-starter with a motivation for sales and an emphasis on exceeding customer satisfaction and pursuing client “delight”.
- Experience in B2B sales, including marketing, strategic analysis, internal and external sales.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical, to staff members and clients, in a clear and concise manner.
- Engineering technical skills required to discern client requirements and to propose technical solutions.
- The ideal candidate has experience researching market trends, researching and targeting appropriate prospects, proposal development, exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close deals.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Full Time / Part Time / 1099 Sub-Contractor)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Senior Mechanical Engineering position as a systems engineer or project engineer.
- Initiate, facilitate, and contribute to the development of commercial products or manufacturing systems.
- Interface with clients to develop intellectual property into commercial products.
- Lead Engineer to interface with Electrical and Software Engineering.
- Engineering Analysis (Structural, Thermal, Shock, and Vibration).
- Design of Experiment for evaluation of mechanical production process variables.
- Writing of Specifications and Reports.
- Specification and sourcing of equipment, instrumentation and fabricated parts.
- Design and implementation of precision mechanical systems and sub-systems.
- Coordinate machine hardware-related activities such as component sourcing, fabrication, assembly, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Lead Presentations at Client Design Reviews.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (highly preferred) or Bachelor’s Degree (minimum).
- 10+ years mechanical design experience required.
- Engineering Analysis experience: ANSYS, SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Flow Simulation.
- Experience in design of electro-opto-mechanical systems.
- Experience in mechanical engineering design of precision machines for industrial and commercial markets.
- Experience in machine design, mechanical design, manufacturing processes, and electro-mechanical packaging design required.
- Proficiency with CAD systems required: Siemens NX, SolidWorks, PTC Creo, and Autodesk Inventor.
- Proficiency with PLM / PDM systems required: Siemens Teamcenter, PDM Enterprise, Pro/INTRALINK, Windchill, and Agile.
- Semiconductor / Medical / Clean Energy industries, capital equipment design experience preferred.
- Ability to lead a development team or work independently.
- Ability to execute on the entire continuum of engineering projects from specification writing through system delivery.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and related software.
Ask us about CAD training or refresher training on Pro/ENGINEER™ or SolidWorks™.